Books are essential and everyone deserves access to them. That’s why we’re so happy to support this amazing initiative by First Book Canada!
“The campaign aims to get 1 million books to children who don’t have home libraries or Internet access…
Canadian publishers who have committed books to the program include Kids Can Press, Penguin Random House Canada, HarperCollins Canada, Breakwater Books, Simon & Schuster Canada and Inhabit Media. Donations are also being made by distributors like Raincoast Books and Publishers Group Canada and the Canadian Children’s Book Centre.”
COVID-19 continues to develop and spread, and we understand that everyone is facing many challenges during this time. We are committed to doing our part – the health of our customers, authors, and staff is of the utmost importance to us.
Effective end of day Wednesday, March 18:
- Our retail shop at 1 Stamp’s Lane, St. John’s, will be closed to the public;
- Our offices will be closed as staff commence working from home for the foreseeable future. While working from home, staff will still be accessible during regular business hours via phone and email. Behind the scenes, our management team will continue to monitor incoming orders/shipments to maintain availability of our books;
- All in person meetings and author events will be postponed.
Supporting local authors remains a key priority for us during this time. Here are some great ways you can help us support local authors too:
- Though our shop is closed, all of our books, eBooks, and audiobooks remain available for purchase via our website. This time of social distancing presents a great opportunity to catch up on those books you always wanted to read or discover new authors you haven’t read yet.
- From March 18 to April 1, we’re offering up to 50% OFF SELECT EBOOKS AND AUDIOBOOKS purchased on our website. A full list of participating titles is available here. Additional titles will be added over the duration of the sale, so check back regularly.
- We’re also working on some online author events to help our authors reach their audiences and fans during this time. Please stay tuned to our website and social media for updates.
- And share your thoughts about any books you read online – Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Amazon/Indigo reviews, Instagram – word of mouth and reader recommendations are one of the strongest influences on author and book discoverability. Your feedback can directly help authors find new audiences!
From March 18 to April 1, we’re offering up to 50% OFF SELECT EBOOKS AND AUDIOBOOKS purchased on our website.
Full list of participating titles with sale prices below. Additional titles will be added over the duration of the sale, so check back regularly.
Very excited to announce that we’ve partnered with First Book Canada and McDonald’s Canada for Family Literacy Day!
To celebrate and support Family Literacy Day, special literacy themed McDonald’s Family Night events will take place in 10 cities across the country on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 4-7 PM and will feature live readings from local authors.
Children attending one of the literacy themed McDonald’s Family Night events will receive a copy of the author’s book to take home (100 available per event). As well, those in attendance will have the opportunity to enjoy all the regular activities that take place at a McDonald’s Family Night – which happen every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m. at participating McDonald’s restaurants in Canada – such as crafts, games and other activities!
PARADISE, NL –
Cara Kansala, author of All Around the Circle and the forthcoming book The Moon King, will appear at the McDonald’s location on 1278 Topsail Road, Paradise, NL.
CHARLOTTETOWN, PE –
Christine Gordon Manley, author of The Secret of Bowring Park, will appear at the McDonald’s location on 427 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE.
Full Details: https://news.mcdonalds.ca/…/mcdonalds-canada-partners-first…